Team Lead, Development
"The role of a Software Development Lead at Absorb is all about leading a diverse team of developers, setting team-wide expectations, and serving as a role model for professional conduct. This role blends the responsibilities of leadership, innovation, and impact. As a leader, you will be fostering the personal growth of employees, inspiring exceptional minds, leading initiatives for process maturity and monitoring, and constantly seeking additional ways to add value in an agile atmosphere." Jason Ristich - Manager, Product Development
Absorb is looking for our next Lead, Software Development! The successful applicant will lead and provide effective guidance and support to our full stack software development team, focusing on optimizing people, processes, and tools to drive continuous improvement in our overall system architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a development team, providing guidance, support, and mentorship.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills to foster a productive and collaborative team environment.
- Set team-wide expectations and serve as a role model for professional conduct, fostering consensus among team members.
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of operational standards that ensure highly available, scalable, and reliable customer experiences.
- Serve as a mentor for the development teams, promoting agile methodologies and practices.
- Guide and monitor the team's process improvement efforts, adjusting priorities and reallocating resources as needed.
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing technology and domain that the team works with to contribute effectively to important discussions.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders at all organizational levels, adapting communication style to diverse audiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and successful delivery of projects.
- Perform ad-hoc duties as required to support the team and organization.
What You'll Need:
- Experience demonstrating effective people leadership and team management skills.
- Strong knowledge of C# (or Java and a desire to learn .NET), Web API, REST, and Microservices.
- Experience with modern ELT pipelines (we use Fivetran, Matillion and Snowflake) or strong database experience and excitement to learn data analysis and business intelligence skills.
- Experience building software with cloud computing services like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com