Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Poland)
"Some companies see software development as a means to an end, Absorb is a company that actually puts software first and surrounds you with people who are passionate about their work, who are always willing to lend a helping hand, and who are quick to make you feel at home within the company. Jason R - Manager, Software Development"
About the Role:
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Absorb, you will play a crucial role in optimizing and enhancing the reliability of our cloud-based (SaaS) Learning Management System (LMS) product suite. You will work closely with our product development and operations teams, ensuring that our software solutions empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and exceptional performance to pursue their education.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the production environment by monitoring availability and maintaining a holistic view of system health.
- Develop software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Enhance the reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions.
- Measure and optimize system performance to push our capabilities forward, anticipate customer needs, and continually improve uptime.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Collaborate with development teams to enhance services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Develop sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably computer science.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect accreditation is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in software development, IT, or a similar field.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a site reliability engineering or cloud engineering role.
- Knowledge of AWS, Windows Server Administration, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS.
- Demonstrated ability to automate using knowledge of AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Demonstrated ability to script with PowerShell.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and optimize web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to balance urgency, sound decision-making, and careful execution.
- Some knowledge of .NET, C#, and the Microsoft technology stack is preferred.
- Linux: Proficiency in Linux Operating Systems.
- PostgreSQL: Experience with managing and working with PostgreSQL databases.
- DevOps CI/CD: Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment practices.
- Bamboo: Familiarity with Atlassian Bamboo.
- Cloud Platforms: Familiarity with cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Docker/ECS Container/Kubernetes
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements.
- A stipend for healthcare.
- New Hire Equipment Allowance.
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do.
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com