"Step into the role that bridges strategy and execution. As a Junior Product Owner at Absorb, you will translate high-level vision into reality. Join us to be at the forefront of innovative product development and help us design and build features that will delight clients and catapult our business to the next level." – Pamela Easterbrook, Senior Manager, Product Management
About the role:
The Product Owner will execute the product roadmap by transforming strategic imperatives into actionable user stories and well-prioritized product backlogs. This role is pivotal in fostering the seamless delivery of features and functionalities through guiding the efforts of our cross-functional Scrum teams in the delivery of our product vision.
What you'll do
- Collaborate in workshops to define and initiate projects, clearly identifying dependencies and requirements.
- Articulate product features driven by customer needs and actively seek stakeholder engagement for refinement.
- Ensure meticulous maintenance of product and project documentation to uphold clarity and transparency.
- Champion the engagement of cross-disciplinary teams, including design, development, and quality assurance, ensuring alignment with the product vision.
- Navigate and facilitate cross-team dependencies, enhancing cooperation for the timely delivery of objectives and superior client experiences.
- Conduct Scrum ceremonies such as backlog refinement, sprint planning, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
- Embrace additional responsibilities as the role evolves and demands.
What you'll bring:
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Commitment to the product vision and a genuine passion for technology and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability in working with agile development teams and understanding of Scrum methodology.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with stakeholders and team members effectively.
- A knack for problem-solving and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification or a Business Analysis background would be a plus.
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements.
- New Hire Equipment Allowance.
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com