What is the Return on Intelligence Podcast?
Return on Intelligence is Absorb LMS’ new leadership virtual podcast featuring personal stories from today’s learning leaders who present key opportunities and challenges within the corporate learning space. We showcase leaders of all kinds to gain outside perspective on learning strategies, methods, successes and the overall business impact of learning. Our podcast is aimed at the following roles; VP of Learning, Head of Learning, Industry Analysts, HR Leaders, CEOs, L&D Specialists, Learning Specialists, and Learning Administrators.
As a Podcast Host for Return on Intelligence, you will play a crucial role in shaping our podcast content and connecting with our audience. You'll be responsible for hosting and interviewing guests, and delivering captivating audio content that educates, entertains, and inspires our listeners. This is a contract role is based in Calgary, Alberta and requires a monthly time commitment of 3-5 hours (not including travel time to our recording location). Your role will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
What you’ll do:
- Host and Facilitate: Take center stage as the primary on-air personality. Lead discussions, interviews, and monologues with energy, passion, and professionalism.
- Content Creation: Develop, conduct light research guided by the production team, and create compelling episode topics, outlines, and discussion points that align with the learning and development field and needs of our audience. Collaborate with our production team to ensure the highest content quality.
- In-Depth Interviews: Conduct insightful interviews with experts, thought leaders, and professionals in the learning and development industry. Foster meaningful conversations that inspire listeners to learn and grow.
- Audience Engagement: Connect with our audience on a personal level. Encourage listener interaction, answer questions, and help to build a loyal and engaged following.
- Consistency: Co-develop and adhere to a content schedule to ensure regular, timely episode releases.
- Stay Informed: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, research, and emerging topics in learning and development to keep content relevant and informative.
- Promotion: Collaborate with the marketing team to promote the podcast through social media, podcast directories, and other promotional activities.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas in an engaging and accessible manner for a variety of audiences.
- A deep background in the field of learning and development is a must, at least 4-5 years of professional experience.
- A strong grasp and tenure within the eLearning and Learning and Development industry as a whole. Our host should be able to meet our audience at the intersection of learning expertise and mindset.
- Proficiency in conducting in-depth research and interviews.
- Familiarity with audio recording equipment, software, and editing tools.
- Adept at both independent and collaborative work.
- Creative thinking and adaptability when developing content.
- A portfolio or prior experience in podcasting, broadcasting, or a related field is advantageous.
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org