Manager, UX Design
"Working at Absorb is a transformative experience marked by continuous learning, innovation, and the thrill of impacting over 23.5 million users. We have a diverse range of products and technology stacks that present unique challenges, a culture that embraces camaraderie and work-life balance, and growth opportunities that encourage personal development. This, coupled with the company's genuine care for its employees and the flexibility to work remotely, makes Absorb more than just a workplace - it's a vibrant ecosystem that nurtures your career as a UX Designer." - Nikki Robinson, UX Designer
About the role:
At Absorb, we are on a mission to redefine the landscape of eLearning. Our products are crafted to significantly improve the day-to-day experiences of our clients. As the Lead UX Designer, you are at the heart of this mission. Your role goes beyond traditional design; you will spearhead a team of talented UX designers, guiding them to weave creativity and functionality together, creating product experiences that aren’t just usable, but are a delight to interact with.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Consult with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop an understanding of project goals, ensuring key user experience milestones are integrated into project plans.
- Guide the UX team through all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off, including site maps, workflows, wireframes, storyboards, and polished mockups to effectively communicate feature interactions.
- Develop high-quality, effective production-ready assets using contemporary styles when required.
- Present and defend design rationale to gain buy-in from peers and project stakeholders.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback to help develop realistic personas and practical use-cases representing clients’ needs.
- Establish design guidelines, best practices, and standards to maintain high quality and consistency across all our products.
- Manage resources of the UX team to balance workload between competing stakeholders.
- Negotiate project timelines/deliverables and keep the UX team accountable.
- Advocate for and implement team process/tools/resource improvements.
- Guide the team's design output, workflow process, and career growth through goal management and regular check-ins.
- Troubleshoot ad hoc experience issues and provide quality control to development teams on the fly.
What you'll bring:
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interactive Arts and Technology, Digital/Interaction Design, or a related field.
- Have a solid foundation with 5+ years of experience in User Experience, Design, Interaction, or a related field.
- Demonstrate 2+ years of experience in managing a team of individual contributors, and mentoring designers.
- Exhibit proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or equivalent.
- Display adeptness with collaborative/wireframing tools like Miro, Invision, or similar.
- Showcase proficiency with HTML/CSS and other web technologies.
- Have experience in designing for web, mobile technology, and business software.
- Possess strong verbal/written communication skills to articulate and defend design ideas.
- Have the capability to lead projects, work independently, and collaborate across multidisciplinary teams.
- Exhibit proficiency in creating UX documentation, and utilizing design systems, patterns, and guidelines.
- Have access to an online portfolio showcasing your innovative work.
- Experience in conducting user research, journey mapping, persona building, utilizing interview techniques, and data analytics.
- Familiarity with working in an agile/SCRUM environment using JIRA or equivalent.
- Experience in building and maintaining a set of design system standards/documentation.
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings. programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location.
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success.
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility.
- Employee driven DE&I programs.
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com