The work we do is akin to how a detective would solve a crime or how a mechanic would repair your car. Our time is dedicated to investigating problems and finding the root cause of the issue. Sometimes the solution is easy, other times we will do a deep dive into complex matters to find a solution while ensuring we continue to preserve the integrity of existing features." ~ Rajan, Developer, Calgary
About the role:
Absorb Software is currently looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join us as a Software Developer in our Live Team. You will be joining a fun and challenging multi-disciplinary group, that is passionate about supporting our customers through continuous improvement of our core products.
Moreover, you will need to be focused on our cross-cutting platform infrastructure security, messaging, performance analysis and tuning, and infrastructure development. To be successful, you will possess a passion for solving difficult problems & have a customer focused attitude.
What you'll do:
- Work in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment and be involved in all technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, deployments, and documentation creation.
- Participate on a cross-functional team to solve challenging software bugs & performance issues.
- Solve Database (SQL Server) Performance Issues.
- Ensure software deliverables align with the technical architecture, development standards and quality practices.
- Assist in building and executing integrated unit tests for all code modules.
- Develop well documented, intent-revealing code.
- Participate in peer review activities.
- Create a learning environment through collaboration, shared knowledge, and leadership.
- Mentor peers and less experienced software developers regarding design, programming. approaches, application knowledge and technical product knowledge.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering equivalent professional experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of related industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of C#, asp.netMVC, Web API, CSS, Micro Services.
- Solid Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) skills.
- Must be able to write clean, well factored code based on S.O.L.I.D. principles.
Technologies we use:
Absorb Software is a learning technology company based in Calgary, Alberta Canada, with offices in London, Dublin, Tampa, Boston and Sydney.
Absorb offers both Absorb Infuse, the first Learning Experience Platform (LXP) to offer a true in-the-flow learning experience, and our flagship product, Absorb LMS, an industry-leading and award-winning Learning Management System for businesses, higher education, government and non-profit agencies around the world. Absorb is setting new standards in learning technology and support, fueling companies who believe that people are their greatest asset.
We exceed expectations across enterprises, industries and continents, helping people learn at the speed of now and preparing companies for the future of work. How do we do it better? We pay attention to the details and go deep where it matters. Turning a culture of learning into a revenue engine for global titans the world over.