Senior Full Stack Developer
"Over my 4 years at Absorb, I have been able to grow into a full-stack developer by actively contributing to an exciting product while learning the latest technology. The best part about working at Absorb is that no matter the team, the people have been amazing and are always willing to help each other." - Paul, Developer, Calgary
Absorb is looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join our team in Calgary, or remotely in Canada, as a Senior Full-Stack Developer. The successful applicant will join a fun and challenging multi-disciplinary group focused on the development of our new single-page application LMS application built on C#, Entity-Framework, and React. This role will focus on solving customer issues by working on both new features and bugs as part of an Agile delivery team. A passion for solving difficult problems & customers' first attitude is a must.
You will be working on the Learner Experience team where you will build and maintain our SaaS web application which is used by millions of people around the world. You will focus on feature development that enhances learner efficiencies and engagement, improves the social learning capability initiatives for our users, and augment our performance and scalability in an agile environment. You will also help with product support by fixing both back and front-end bugs and assist with the identification and resolution of production issues.
You will bring a passion for technology, a desire to work as a part of an agile team, and will be eager to learn the best modern software development practices. Lastly, as a Senior Full-Stack Developer who will help guide, mentor, and develop junior team members so that they can continue to learn, achieve their goals and become integral members of this growing organization.
Check out what Colin Kirk, Team Lead, Development has to say about working at Absorb Software on the Product team:
What you'll do:
- Work in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment and be involved in all technical activities within the team such as estimation, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, and documentation.
- Participate in a cross-functional team tackling exciting new features, challenging bugs, and performance issues.
- Contribute as a full-stack developer, working closely with our back-end and front-end stacks.
- Ensure software deliverables align with the technical architecture, development standards, and quality practices.
- Assist in building and executing unit tests.
- Develop well documented, intent-revealing code.
- Assist in monitoring the team’s code in a live environment.
- Participate in a learning environment through collaboration, knowledge sharing, and leadership.
- Work within your agile team to gather production metrics and stakeholder feedback using them to iterate and grow your team’s projects.
What you'll bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering equivalent professional experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of related industry experience
- Passion for improving the customer experience
- Familiarity of Agile (Scum/Kanban) practices and concepts
- Strong knowledge of C# (or Java and interest in learning C#), Web API, REST, Micro Services
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) skills.
- Experience with Object Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework or Dapper
- Extensive experience with writing RESTful APIs and web development best practices.
- Must be able to write clean, well-factored code based on S.O.L.I.D. principles.
- Experience in writing, analyzing, and tuning well-performing TSQL queries.
- Experience with Test Driven Development is an asset.
- Self-motivated and driven to meet long-term goals.
- Ability to independently manage time to meet project deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can operate under tight deadlines.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Understanding Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework.
- General cloud-computing concepts (AWS).
- Experience with microservice architectures.
Technologies we use:
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location.
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success. Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility.
- Employee driven DE&I programs.
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com