Account Management Lead
"When I think about our group, the impact we have on Absorb's success, and how we are operating, there is a gap to be filled. That is where you come in! The impact that your dedication and hard work is going to have on the overall success of the Account Management team and Absorb's growth is astronomical. You will be bridging the gap that allows us to focus on creating effective and lucrative deals from the first hello to the handshake and signed dotted line. You will allow us the space to do what we do best while doing what you do best!" Garratt, YYC, Manager, Account Management
About the role:
Absorb is looking for a motivated, hard working sales leader to help lead our Account Management team. The Account Management team manages the business relationships with Absorb Software’s existing clients. The Account Manager’s role focuses on renewing clients, upselling new products and services, as well as finding expansion opportunities. If you are your best self when supporting contract negotiations and leading a team of highly committed, client focused, and performance driven sales professionals, then look no further as this may be the role for you!
Want to learn more about Absorb's culture? Check out the video below:
What you’ll do:
- Drive Account Management initiatives/activities with the goal of increasing net dollar retention
- Manage and report key weekly/monthly operational metrics for team and individual performance
- Lead regular team meetings and mentor/coach team members
- Work with existing Account Managers to mitigate churn in their existing books of business
- Serve as the first escalation point for client and team issues
- Collaborate with other teams to address client success projects and initiatives
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client stakeholders and executive sponsors to look for additional sales opportunities within the account
- Recruit, hire and nurture a world-class account management team
- Lead account management team and support client communications leveraging tools including but not limited to Salesforce, Gainsight, Inbox AI, Atlassian Suite, and Zendesk
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Account Management, Sales, or Business Development in a SaaS based environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Team Lead or Supervisory position with at least 5 direct reports
- Strong data analysis abilities, working with NRR and bookings targets
- Experience in building sales and renewal proposals as well as contract negotiations
- Experience mentoring and supporting professional development
- Post-secondary degree required (Business, Marketing or Psychology would be considered an asset)
Technologies we use:
Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, Zoom, Microsoft suite, Excel, Calendly, DocuSign
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility
- Employee driven DE&I programs
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace for Absorbers in our Calgary office
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.