Strategic Account Manager
Absorb is on a mission to the moon! We set lofty goals for ourselves and we knock those goals out of the park. What I love the most about the path to those achievements is that we do it as a team. We live and breath the ethos that “it takes a village”. Our Account Management group isn’t successful without the success from every single group at Absorb: SDRs, Account Executives, Solutions Engineers, Client Success Managers, Implementations, Billing, Accounting, Finance, etc. We want to build each other up and empower each other to win. We progress as a team and we win as a team. - Garratt Hooker, Manager, Account Management
The Strategic Account Manager is a critical role at Absorb. We’re looking for someone who has demonstrated experience working with large, complex organizations having built strategic account plans and has gone on to successfully close meaningful land and expand opportunities with those accounts. Your past experiences, advice, and your sales acumen will have a direct impact on Absorb’s mission.
We’re looking for someone to step into the role with deep experience who can build relationships quickly and identify where opportunities exist in our current customer base. From there, you’ll need to communicate internally what you need to help you execute on those plans to see significant expansion within our most strategic customers. This role will be supported by all levels and sectors of Absorb. You’ll be able to interface with teams and executives across all business units at Absorb to help you, and our customers, succeed. If this sounds familiar and exciting to you, then we’re thrilled to have you join Absorb and make a big impact!
What you’ll do:
- Build trust and strong business relationships with key decision makers in Absorb’s most opportune accounts
- Generate strategic account plans to execute strategies which will lead to upsell/cross sell opportunities
- Work with internal resources (Leadership, Solutions Engineers, Account Development reps) to develop and execute expansion plans from Discovery to Closed Won
- Monitor your pipeline to ensure appropriate actions are taken at appropriate times to continue to facilitate the sale to closed won
- Work collaboratively with the support and technology teams to become an expert in Absorb LMS and the overall learning management landscape.
- Demonstrate Absorb LMS functionality and provide pricing options that align to customer objectives and assist Absorb’s continued growth
- Work with existing Customer Success resources to identify risk and mitigate churn wherever possible
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
What you’ll bring:
- Strong background in technology sales and client management with a minimum 7+ years of experience
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to senior leaders within client organizations
- Very strong business communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working with a global client base
- Ability to travel for business when required
- Strong internal team player
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree – business undergraduate degree or MBA
Technologies we use:
- AbsorbLMS, Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, Calendly, Zoom, Teams, Adobe Acrobat
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility
- Employee driven DE&I programs
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace for Absorbers in our Calgary office
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org