Data Analyst - Molecular Design & Engineering
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Data Analyst to help integrate data and design software and data processes in the areas of antibody discovery and engineering. The successful candidate will interact with a diverse team, liaising between software engineers, wet-lab scientists, bioinformaticians and protein engineers, in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate is able to multitask, problem-solve, think critically and demonstrate scientific rigor, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research, driving the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with bioinformaticians and protein engineers to help develop and implement strategies for data analysis, curation, storage, presentation and interpretation to answer increasingly complex questions with ease
- Collaborating with software engineers and data scientists across the organization to standardize processes, including integration into our data warehouse, laboratory information management systems (LIMS), and electronic notebooks (ELN)
- Supporting the development of software tools to collate, organize and process data for integration with data analysis and visualization platforms
- Contributing to the implementation and maintenance of analysis pipelines (typically in Python), ensuring data integrity, correctness and clarity
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Analyzing and presenting data and analysis methods to colleagues
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about data science and want to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- You are excited about the opportunity to integrate large-scale data with in silico tools to solve real-world drug discovery problems
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being self-motivated, a fast learner, a team player and a creative problem solver
- You can effectively communicate scientific data across disciplines and levels of experience
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD, MSc, or BSc in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Statistics, the Sciences, or a related field with 3+ years of related work experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python preferred); demonstrated experience designing, testing, and debugging code in a collaborative development environment would be preferred
- Experience working with data provenance, and creating data architectures and databases
- Demonstrated ability to create flexible, reproducible data analysis pipelines intended for use by others
- Excellent documentation skills with impeccable attention to detail
- A background in relevant areas of life sciences is a bonus, including Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Immunology
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23056 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?