Head of Autoimmune & Inflammation
AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems.
Our rapidly growing UK site is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on, collaborative leader to build and lead our functional assay team. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for understanding human disease, with a strong background in cellular techniques related to autoimmune/ inflammation and their use in antibody lead candidate selection. This is an excellent leadership opportunity that will collaborate closely across our global sites, as well as joining the UK site leadership team to positively impact our growth.
How you might spend your days:
- Collaborating across the company and with external networks to build and execute an autoimmune and inflammation strategy
- Designing, running, and interpreting complex biological experiments to increase confidence in biological mechanisms and to support lead candidate selection
- With your broad knowledge of antibody discovery, providing additional expertise and guidance to positively impact workflows and decision making throughout the lead selection process
- Contributing to target identification and assessment
- Training and mentoring scientists
- Preparing and authoring key findings to support data-driven decision making
- Keeping up to date with advances in the field
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You can contribute to building data sets that help to predict the success of therapies for autoimmune disease by designing experiments that test the biological mechanisms of key targets.
- You are excited about leading and collaborating to build a team that works on complicated biological questions
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Immunology or related field and 12-15+ years of experience, including 8+ years of experience in industry and 5+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in mentoring, managing and developing high-performing teams of scientists
- Experience in selecting lead antibodies for regulatory submission and building the data sets to support these selections
- Demonstrated understanding and capabilities using large and complex data sets, often from clinical sources
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including public presentation of complex data
Bonus points if you have:
- Supported preclinical development of biologics and helped to generate data that supported their clinical development
- Designed and interpreted translationally relevant in vivo models
- Direct experience in or knowledge of immuno-oncology and T-cell engager biologics development
- Written formal reports and regulatory documents with interpretations based on data you generated in complex biological systems to build mechanistic confidence in a target
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23098 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?