Business Development Analyst
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a Business Development Analyst to support our Business Development Team to support engagement activities and internal partnering processes at AbCellera. In this role, you will be responsible for designing the resources necessary in order for the Partnering team to consider the wider competitive landscape in order to assess opportunities to their greatest value. Our ideal candidate will be skilled at engaging with cross-functional teams within the organization and will have strong communication skills to deploy in their engagement with potential partnering lead contacts.
If you’re passionate about science and helping people, you thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities, and you’re supremely organized, we’d love to hear from you
How you might spend your days:
- Build pipeline of leads through research, analysis and industry monitoring activities
- Further support prospecting activities by performing needs analyses, identifying opportunities and mapping key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an evaluation framework for potential partners by market segment and by region
- Implement BD processes and support initiatives, including activity pipeline tracking, opportunity assessment coordination
- Research and maintain a knowledge of the competitive landscape, designing material for the Evaluate market and industry trends.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong scientific background, preferably MSc or higher in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics. An MBA or advanced business degree is desirable
- 2 yrs experience as an analyst and/or market research experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of the biotech industry and understand how innovative technologies can drive value for our business
- You are able to synthesize complex information and communicate effectively, using oral presentations and by generating the required materials
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- You work well with Microsoft, Google and Adobe office suites
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23096 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?