Research Technician - Sequencing
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat diseases. We are seeking a Research Technician to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary sequencing team. This role is intended for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Building sequencing libraries and performing next generation sequencing as part of our standard pipeline
- Processing and tracking samples from multiple projects
- Operating and maintaining multiple robotic systems and sequencers
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Communicating effectively within and between teams to help move projects forward
- Maintaining reagent stocks and lab inventories as needed
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are highly organized and meticulous with impeccable attention to detail
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner, demonstrate initiative, and are willing to work flexible hours
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You have experience with molecular biology techniques
Required qualifications and experience:
- BSc or MSc in Molecular Biology or another relevant field with at least 1-2 years of additional academic or industry experience in a molecular lab environment
- Candidates with extensive relevant experience may be considered for an Associate Scientist position
- Keen interest in and theoretical knowledge of next generation sequencing technologies, including Illumina platforms
- You are able to effectively manage your time, multitask and cope with changing priorities while still managing to complete projects on time
- You are an effective communicator and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- You have worked with and maintained an RNA and RNase-free work space
- You have hands-on experience performing NGS workflows, including library preparation
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23062 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?