Lead, Clinical Manufacturing Learning & Development
At AbCellera we are thoughtfully assembling a world-class team of manufacturing and operations specialists, scientists, and engineers. Starting from the ground up with the freedom to innovate and move at lightning speed, this team will design, build, qualify, and operate a new CMC laboratory and a 130K sq ft GMP facility in Canada.
We’re offering a generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our future facility will be nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
In this learning and development role you’ll be responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of world class learning programs for our awesome new team of clinical manufacturing AbCellerites (what we call the folks who work at AbCellera).
We’d love to hear from you if
- You’re experienced in building and measuring successful learning and development programs (including instructional design and online training) in biopharmaceutical manufacturing settings.
- You have knowledge of the latest learning methods and techniques, and are super excited to share them with others.
- You have strong experience and an in-depth knowledge of current good manufacturing practice regulations, other applicable health authority regulations, and industry best practices.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment, and can help others do the same.
- You work in a highly collaborative mode to identify and solve challenging problems.
- You possess excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills that you put to use to propel both individual careers and our team forward.
- You believe culture starts from individuals with shared core values and a common sense of purpose, and that it’s strengthened through a network of interactions and relationships built on mutual trust and appreciation.
- You want to be a mentor and help others see how their work contributes to our overall goals.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Education and/or Sciences (an advanced degree ideally).
- 5 years of experience in learning and development with 8 years of experience in a GMP regulated environment, and have 5 years of leadership experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience works too.
How you might spend your days
- Building effective, cutting edge, and highly focused training programs for onboarding, career progression, EHS and GMP compliance, and product knowledge purposes.
- Developing training resources and tools with functional departments as together you identify and solve learning needs as they arise.
- Continually crafting the best mix of learning methods to maintain and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance across Quality and GMP.
- Designing strategies and tools so AbCellerites are compliant with relevant company and industry policy and procedural creation and updates.
- Building relationships across teams to enhance innovation and collaboration.
- Thinking about industry benchmarking and assisting with audits.
- Being physically present at our facilities to become and remain familiar with them.
- Having fun smashing goals on a project or at one of our many learning or social events!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Something looks off?