Laboratory Management Specialist - Antibody Assessment
AbCellera is a vibrant, rapidly growing company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. We are seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Management Specialist with demonstrated experience in managing molecular biology or biochemistry labs to work closely with our dynamic Antibody Assessment group. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top tech companies, while growing with a team that believes in teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a responsible, self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our scientific team to maintain and organize laboratory spaces
- Ensuring that lab workflow needs are being met and identifying the need for improvements
- Planning and setting up lab spaces for our new facilities
- Maintaining inventories for equipment, consumables, and reagents and requests as needed
- Ensuring the maintenance of reagent stocks and their proper storage
- Liaising with our procurement and logistics teams and restocking supplies as needed
- Coordinating activities with the rest of the lab operations team and other labs
- Liaising with our equipment team on equipment maintenance and repair
- Implementing best practices which improve efficiency and are scalable
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment and lab facility, compliant with regulatory requirements
- Training and onboarding of lab assistants and coordinators
- Supporting the team whenever an extra pair of hands is needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Minimum BSc in a relevant field and 3 years of experience in a laboratory setting (e.g. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Life Sciences), and/or with at least 2 years of Laboratory Management experience
- Willingness to take on large responsibilities and coordinate with lab users
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
- Impeccable attention to detail
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23077 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?