Cell Line Core Manager
AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Cell Line Core Manager with demonstrated experience in managing cell biology labs to join our dynamic Functional Biology Team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top tech companies while growing with a team that believes in teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a responsible, self-motivated, and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive cell management system for mammalian cell lines and primary cells
- Implementing SOPs for cell maintenance, characterization and QC; documenting and evaluating best practices and workflows to establish the cell management system
- Acting as the point of contact for the cell management system across the company
- Liaising with our procurement and logistics teams to obtain cell lines and primary cells, as well as coordinating with other team members to meet project needs.
- Overseeing cell management related laboratory operations, including maintenance and setup of laboratory spaces, ensuring lab needs are met
- Providing day-to-day lab support and coordination and identifying the need for improvements
- Training and mentoring more junior scientists
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You identify as both a scientist and a research manager and you thrive at the intersection of the two
- You have exceptional organizational skills, and you enjoy planning and managing complex lab-based projects
- You are a critical thinker, and apply this to the analysis, interpretation, and improvement of not only scientific data but also procedures and workflows
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on the application
- You have both impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to stay focused on the bigger picture project and organizational goals
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum MSc or BSc in a relevant field (e.g. Cell Biology, Immunology, or Life Sciences) and at least 6-8 years of experience in a laboratory setting working with cell lines
- At least 3 years of experience with cell management systems, cell line maintenance, and quality control
- Demonstrated experience in wet lab research; especially with sterile techniques, mammalian tissue culture and cell line-related tracking/organization
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in establishing a cell line management/banking system with Benchling
- A passion for and experience with mentorship
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23042 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?