Associate Scientist, Method Development (CMC)
AbCellera is an energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. Working at the interface of computation, engineering, and biology, AbCellera is rebuilding the front-end process of how drugs are discovered with a discovery platform that integrates modern technologies from engineering, microfluidics, single-cell analysis, high-throughput genomics, machine learning, and hyper-scale data science. With over 400 AbCellerites and growing, we’re expanding our capabilities to include CMC development and GMP manufacturing of antibodies to bring therapies from idea to patients, faster.
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist to join the Analytical Operations team within CMC Development at AbCellera. In this capacity, the Associate Scientist will be responsible for assisting in establishing platform analytical methods for use across the analytical function in Process Development.
The successful candidate will help to establish both highly resolving methods to support QC lot release as well as high throughput methods to support process development activities. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a solid foundation in separation science, primarily chromatographic and electrophoretic techniques.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You are an innovator and ready to help new approaches to the discovery and development of therapeutics
- You have a strong desire to support early antibody discovery work by developing ways to improve and speed up the discovery to CMC development to GMP manufacturing paradigm
- You are ready to revolutionize therapeutic development and move at lightning speed to create a legacy in our industry
- You are an outstanding communicator and teammate
- You are highly motivated and excited about the opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
How you might spend your days
- Supporting analytical method development, qualification, and transfer across a range of technologies (LC, CE, UV-Vis, etc)
- Developing new analytical methods in support of release testing and product characterization
- Performing routine analyses of samples in support of monoclonal antibody process development
- Generating high quality data and technical reports in support of method development, qualification, and product characterization
- Aggregating and presenting analytical data to stakeholders within Analytical Development and across the CMC organization
- Contributing to CMC technical teams in the form of analytical investigation support, data generation, interpretation, and presentation
- Collaborating with our Research organization to drive harmony in analytical methodology and technology
- Researching and evaluating technological advances in the field of analytical chemistry
- Connecting scientific experimental design and execution to key business objectives
- Applying AQbD principles to analytical method development
Required skills and experience
- A BSc degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with 5+ years experience or an MSc with 2-4 years of experience
- Experience working in areas of therapeutic protein characterization in either academia or biotechnology
- Strong data and time organization/management skills; proficiency in multi-tasking
- Technical proficiency in separation based analytical method development and qualification including SEC, IEX, RP, HILIC, CE-SDS, SEC-MALS/QELS, and icIEF methods
- Proficiency working with data acquisition platforms such as Empower, Compass, 32Karat, etc
- Familiarity with electronic lab notebooks (Ex. Benchling), experimental data capture, and the associated 21 CFR part 11 compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand and master new experimental techniques
- Experience with CMC analytical development of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins is a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory filings such as INDs, BLAs, IMPDs, etc would be advantageous.
- Prove yourself to be a problem-solver and team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements as it pertains to CMC activities for monoclonal antibodies (FDA, EMA, ICH, etc)
What we offer
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Something looks off?