Supply Chain Planning & Scheduling Manager
AbCellera is breaking the barriers of conventional antibody discovery to bring better medicines to patients, sooner. Our engine integrates expert teams, technology, and facilities with the data science and automation needed to propel antibody-based medicines from target to clinic with precision and speed.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Planning & Scheduling Manager who will be responsible for the development and execution of the end-to-end planning processes of our GMP Biological Manufacturing Facility. Processes will include Strategic Planning, Fiscal Year Planning, Sales and Operations Planning, Materials Requirement Planning, Production Planning, Production Scheduling and Process Orders Management. The Planning Manager will be a key contributor in the development of a Reliable and Responsive Supply Chain for AbCellera’s GMP Biological Manufacturing operations. AbCellera will implement a GMP compliant ERP system to manage its business processes.The Planning Manager will be heavily involved in the implementation of the ERP system and users training.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are strongly self-motivated and solutions focused
- You are passionate about building capabilities that accomplish important goals
- You have a bias towards innovation
- You are enthusiastic about applying your expertise in the development of a reliable and responsive supply chain in the life sciences industry
- You are an outstanding communicator and team player
How you might spend your days:
- Executing the key functions and steps of the planning processes to ensure the on-time availability of materials with focus on the minimum downtime of the manufacturing operations and meeting organizations commitment to its customers
- Collaboratively working with the team members to gain the knowledge of our biological manufacturing operations
- Applying your knowledge to develop and operationalize planning processes
- Designing and implementing analytics driven strategies to improve overall supply chain performance including service improvement, process efficiency and cost optimization
- Developing and managing effective KPIs with a focus on identifying the root causes of the deviations and implementing corrective actions
- ERP implementation by developing User Requirements, Business Processes Testing, Training and being a Super User
- Leading a small group of professionals by guiding them to deliver results and continuous improvement
Required qualifications and experience:
- 8+ years of Supply Chain Planning experience in a GMP manufacturing environment within a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is essential
- In depth understanding and experience of Strategic Planning, Fiscal Year Planning, Sales and Operations Planning, Material Requirement Planning, Production Planning, Production Scheduling and Process Orders Management in a medium numbers of SKUs environment
- Ability to understand and manage multi-level BOMs for Change Management and Revision Controls to reduce impact to business
- Experience of Change Management as applicable to the raw materials and manufacturing processes
- Good understanding of the impact of the shelf life and storage temperatures of materials on planning policies
- Experience of planning of single use consumables for Biotech or Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Hands on experience of implementing of ERP system with ownership of Planning and other Supply Chain modules
- Experience of generating reports from ERP and other systems for data analysis
- Excellent understanding of the applicable GMP requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
What we offer
AbCellera’s hiring range for this role is $94,000 - $118,000 CAD annually, commensurate with your education and job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. We base our salary ranges on localized market data ensuring competitive compensation. In addition to base salary, we offer equity, annual bonus dependent on team and company performance, and 6% (non-match) RRSP contribution.
At AbCellera, we have a number of initiatives to support AbCellerites in maximizing their work-life synergy. You will have a $1,500 annual active lifestyle allowance, annual vacation and company-wide office closures (a real value to all!), opportunity for flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities, and comprehensive health benefits. Scientific and technical mentorship is a priority. Abundant team and social groups to build community and connections within AbCellera are a given.
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.