AbCellera is a young, energetic and rapidly growing company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that can be developed into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We’re looking for a project coordinator to support our scientists and project teams in planning, executing and closing out projects, to enable projects that push the frontiers of science. If you’re passionate about science and helping people, you thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities, and you’re supremely organized, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating day-to-day activities through all stages of the project lifecycle including formation of the project team, project planning, project documentation, reporting on project metrics, and closing out projects
- Working with project leaders to organize project team meetings including prioritizing and setting agenda items, scheduling, recording meeting minutes, documenting and communicating clear decisions and action items
- Supporting project leaders by preparing or reviewing presentations
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation according to company standards and best practices
- Facilitating communication and transparency within cross-functional teams and with internal project stakeholders
- Tracking progress of projects against project plans and timelines, documenting and helping with change management
- Disseminating project communication to the Business Development, Finance, Operations, Legal and other teams as appropriate
- Working with the Safety Officer to ensure compliance and safety
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a STEM-related field, with a demonstrated ability for critical thinking
- You have 1-3 years of project management or coordination experience in the biotech industry or in an academic research environment, or equivalent, with bonus points if you have experience communicating with external stakeholders
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are adaptable and can coordinate activities for multiple projects and tasks
- You love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You are a team player
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A place in our beautiful office in Vancouver, BC, Canada (just off Cambie Street, with plenty of good lunch options nearby)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23144 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.