(Associate) Research Scientist - Protein Science
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated (associate) scientist with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the production and analytical and biophysical characterisation of antibodies and/or other therapeutic proteins at our new location at Chesterford Research Park, UK. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed scientist, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who is excited to learn and grow with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with multiple protein formats including IgG antibodies and bispecific molecules
- Performing single or multi-step protein purification from samples of mammalian cell origin
- Protein analytics/characterisation using a variety of techniques
- Working with Bioinformatic tools
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Analysing and presenting data to colleagues
- Solving problems at a high level
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures while recognising opportunities for improvements and innovation
- Organising, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Research Scientist: PhD in a relevant field or MSc with 4-6 years of industry experience
- Associate Research Scientist: MSc with 2-5 years of industry experience or BSc with 4-6 years of industry experience
- Experience in a variety of techniques, e.g., affinity/SEC/IEX purification, CE-SDS, HPLC, endotoxin quantification
- Experience with medium to high throughput workstreams, including the use of AKTA hardware and software
- Some experience of molecular biology, mammalian expression and use of automated liquid handlers would be advantageous
- Excellent documentation and organisational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
What we offer:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. This post is located at our newly refitted labs and offices in one of the beautiful science parks in the Cambridge, UK biotech hub.
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID UK-3 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.