Technical Artist (Unity)
A Thinking Ape
We can’t create our mobile games without you! The engineering & art teams at A Thinking Ape are eager to welcome you as their new teammate: You have the technical chops to make artistic visions come alive and you enjoy being an active contributor in product discussions. As a Technical Artist, you’re a bridge between engineering and art, ensuring that both teams collaborate seamlessly. Check out a 2 min video clip of our engineers sharing why they are happy at A Thinking Ape.
We are open to candidates outside of Canada, with the requirement to work in the Pacific time zone. Compensation is determined by role, level and location. For candidates located in BC, the salary range for this role is $70-85,00 annually.
You bring …
- Experience shipping mobile games as a Technical Artist
- A thorough knowledge and proficiency with Unity (C#), Photoshop, and 3D Software such as Maya, Max, or Blender
- Experience with real-time visual effects and particle systems
- An eye for quality and the ability to maintain style across a product
- A strong interest in mobile games
You likely also bring experience in …
- Game art asset implementation within Unity
- Rigging and animation pipelines; the ability to modify existing rigs and weighting
- The reusing of existing assets
If the above describes the things you enjoy, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s a quick video clip of who we are.
A Thinking Ape is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. Our teams are friendly, open to challenging themselves and everyone's ideas are heard based on our core value of having wonderful arguments. Our people leaders work with us individually to support our development, keep growing is another of our core values.
We’re working remotely, we’ll supply the equipment you need to do your work, and stipends to set up your workspace. We have a very flexible work schedule, three weeks of vacation, flexible sick days, and a generous health benefits package. You’re very welcome to connect with our recruiter Ingrid on LinkedIn.
Apply now to join us!