Researcher — Applied Research Scientist
1QBit is looking for an applied research scientist to join a team developing state-of-the-art machine learning solutions. We are interested to hear from talented engineers and scientists who are excited to contribute to the full machine learning development stack. This posting is for an 18-month contract that may transition into a permanent position. We are also open to an 8-month internship for candidates with strong software development skills. Candidates located in Quebec will be preferred.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate on a small cross-functional team to breakdown each project deliverable
- Research, design, and optimize novel machine learning algorithms
- Present technical ideas effectively to the team and to stakeholders
- Build training pipelines using automated experiment tracking software
- Perform statistical analysis and evaluate model performance
- Build data pipelines for distributed training using cloud-based infrastructure
- Demand high quality code and software best practices
What You'll Bring
- Master’s or PhD in computer science, physics, electrical engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience with Git and collaborative development workflows
- Proficiency with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with team members with diverse backgrounds
- Research independence: the ability to take responsibility and initiative to conduct your research working towards the team’s common goal
- Cloud computing platforms such as GCP, AWS, etc.
- Distributed systems frameworks such as Docker and Kubernetes
- SQL and relational databases
1QBit is a global leader in advanced computing, with three innovation hubs located in Vancouver, Waterloo, and Sherbrooke. Along with its partners, 1QBit takes on computationally intensive problems across a variety of fields, including advanced materials, the life sciences, energy, and finance. Trusted by Fortune 500 companies and top research institutions, 1QBit develops novel solutions by building on its broad expertise in hardware innovation, quantum computing, AI, and commercial application development. 1QBit offers unique deep-tech career opportunities through advanced internships, full-time positions, and a steadfast investment in our team’s expertise. Working at 1QBit means applying your thinking and skills to tackle exciting and relevant challenges.