Intermediate Accountant, Accounts Payable
Marketing & Communications, Accounting & Finance
Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As an Intermediate Accountant at 1Password, you will be a key member of our growing Finance team. This role is primarily responsible for managing credit card transactions while also performing general accounts payable functions. You will be utilizing your analytical skills to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our Accounts Payable team. This role is perfect for someone who is a self-starter and looking to build their career, while leveling up the business.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in Accounts Payable role with focus on credit card processing and management.
- Experience in the tech industry and with Netsuite, Zip, Float and Ramp (or other AP and credit card platforms) is considered an asset.
- Advanced Excel skills and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate teamwork skills in a growing team.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities while being flexible and resilient.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision while adhering to necessary deadlines.
What you can expect:
- Receive and review credit card statements and supporting documentation including following up with stakeholders for compliance with documentation requirements.
- Review transactions for policy compliance and ensure accurate recording in Netsuite.
- Perform month-end tasks related to credit cards including reconciliation of credit card statements, posting of journal entries (intercompany transactions, month-end accruals etc) and preparation of credit card reports for management.
- Interact with vendors to address inquiries related to credit card transactions.
- Oversee the integration and proper functioning of credit card processes within financial systems, particularly Netsuite, Float and Ramp.
- Support and guide credit card users in navigating and utilizing Float and Ramp platforms effectively.
- Help with processing of vendor invoices and posting of vendor payments.
- Collaborate with different departments to implement credit card and vendor payment policies.
- Provide support for quarterly reviews and year-end financial audit related to AP processes.
- Assist in projects related to the automation and process improvements of AP.
- Help with other AP processes as needed.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $70,000 CAD and $94,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact .