Senior Manager, Product Marketing (B2B)
Marketing & Communications, Product
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The product marketing team plays a critical role in driving insights, storytelling, and growth at 1Password. We are responsible for leading go-to-market, championing the voice-of-the-customer, and building cross-functional collaborative strategies that improve outcomes throughout the product life cycle, and marketing and sales process.
1Password is looking for a Senior Manager of Product Marketing to lead a team of high-performing product marketers focused on our B2B segment. You will partner closely with our product, research, marketing and sales teams to deliver winning strategies that drive market awareness, customer acquisition/expansion, and an impactful product roadmap that fosters acquisition and expansion among businesses of all sizes. The ideal candidate has direct experience working in a B2B SaaS business and is familiar with the cybersecurity industry.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years in the product marketing function in a B2B SaaS sales business. 10+ years of total work experience, including 2+ years of people management experience. Direct-to-customer marketing experience is also helpful, but not required.
- You have led comprehensive, cross-functional go-to-market strategies including audience segmentation, product positioning, messaging frameworks, competitive analysis, and launch execution.
- You are experienced and comfortable being a strategic partner to leadership across marketing, sales, product, design, engineering, support and analytics to drive alignment and collaboration.
- You deeply understand customers' problems, the competitive space, and market insights to accurately represent the voice-of-the-customer and provide actionable product, marketing, and sales recommendations.
- You lead with product and market data whenever possible to drive product prioritization, customer adoption, and marketing campaign recommendations. And when data is not available, you can use proxy data/insights to make informed assumptions and decisions.
- You are business-minded, guiding the team towards the best interests of 1Password by identifying areas of opportunity to drive qualified leads, improve sales outcomes, and create effective sales enablement content and programs.
- You are a self-starter that can effectively lead in a quickly-changing, ambiguous environment by setting clear goals, regularly reprioritizing work to have maximum business impact, and establishing or improving best practices and frameworks to ultimately improve outcomes for the company.
- Our north star is to build a safer, simpler digital future for everyone. We are shaping our trajectory to become a high-performing, enduring company that positively impacts millions of lives.
- You are a strong communicator able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and can also represent the company in front of customers. You can navigate the unique challenges of a remote-first workplace and distributed team, including occasional travel.
- Culture and growth mindset is important to you. You support your team by regularly exchanging feedback, listening and learning. You value winning as a team, and ultimately having fun with the people you work with.
What you can expect:
- Accountability and ownership: Take full responsibility for the strategy of your area, including the direction being followed, decisions being made and outcomes delivered.
- Connect the customer to the value: Build deep understanding of customer needs, pain points, and competitive set to create positioning and messaging frameworks for our B2B products and features.
- Represent the customer and market: Become an expert in the industry and champion the needs and pain points of customers through customer interviews, market research, win/loss data, and engaging with customer-facing teams.
- Launch the product: Lead and drive the strategy for product launches by guiding the team to build comprehensive launch plans and partnering with demand generation, public relations, brand, social, sales, and customer success teams.
- Exemplify values-based leadership: Our core values to lead with honesty, put people first, and keep it simple guides leadership decision-making and behaviors. You create a culture that is aligned to our values and operate in a manner that unifies teams and nurtures inclusivity.
USA-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $158,000 USD and $214,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $146,000 CAD and $198,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact .