Sr Brand Designer
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Sr. Brand Designers at 1Password help shape the look, feel, and personality of the visual side of the 1Password brand. They’re involved in day-to-day deliverables as well as big-picture strategic thinking as they work across our entire global organization. This is a great role for someone looking to stretch their design chops, try new things that stand out in a crowded space, while always contributing to the growth and evolution of our brand design system. They’re part of our Brand Design Team which sits in Marketing’s Creative Team. This role reports to our Art Director and will also work closely with our Sr. Creative and Brand Director.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years experience working in visual design or brand design roles in agencies or inhouse.
- Experience helping to build and grow a visual design system for implementation for both external and internal audiences.
- A passion for working collaboratively across our creative team, our larger marketing team, and the ever-growing 1Password global organization.
- A proven track record of delivering beautiful and effective design work for marketing collateral, ranging from but not limited to: digital and out-of-home advertising, trade show and event booths, guides, reports, social media assets, and more.
- A desire to be a contributor and ambassador for our ever-evolving brand.
- An expert visual communicator and problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to manage and maintain an excellent understanding of project timelines and deliverables.
- An excellent presenter across all levels of the company from individual contributors to executive leadership.
- Portfolio showcasing design systems, marketing communication campaigns, and design across a variety of media.
- Advanced skills in design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and similar software.
- A commitment to differentiation, personality, and excellence in creative work.
- Experience in interactive design is a major plus.
What you can expect:
- Operate as a key part of our brand design and creative team: Take ownership of design challenges by finding scalable and beautiful solutions. Along the way, you’ll help team members push their design forward by working together in a creative safe-space, helping others grow while delivering project work.
- Drive creative excellence: Help maintain an incredibly high quality bar for creative deliverables, by not only concepting and delivering best-in-class creative work, but by being a trusted partner for internal and external teams working with our creative team.
- Be a team player: As we continue to grow we continue to add stakeholders to our ever-growing list of project partners. You have a passion for working collaboratively with stakeholders from across a global organization who are looking to get the most out of their campaigns. You’re courteous, punctual, empathetic, and strategic; but you also know how to get the most out of briefs and when to ask for more. You’re great at taking a well-written brief and turning it into a unique and memorable campaign.
- Be a brand steward: You’ll be one of the few core people helping to evolve our brand system. You should have a love for all things branding and understand how to stay on brand and work within our design, while helping to drive us toward a differentiated vision. You’ll be true to the soul of the brand, respecting where we’ve come from and the passionate audience we’ve created. You sweat the small stuff, and you have an option about how copy, motion, and experiential advertising play their part in branding.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $99,000USD and $135,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $94,000CAD and $128,000CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact .