Sr. Product Manager, Billing
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
We’re looking for a customer-obsessed Billing product manager who is excited to bring their passion and skills to help 1Password make users and customers more secure online. This role will focus on leveraging data to improve our customers’ billing experience. You thrive by leading the trifecta of Design, Engineering, and Product together to prioritize the most important customer problems. We’re looking for entrepreneurial problem solvers who come to the table not only by identifying problems but recommendations and solutions, not waiting for direction. Extra points if you have a customer-facing background in support, sales, or customer success that brought you into Product.
Our philosophy on Product consists of five core pillars:
● Focus and Execution - can you ship quickly and measure results?
● Customer Empathy - are you motivated first and foremost to solve customer problems?
● Effective Communication - can you bring the entire organization - horizontally and vertically - along on the journey?
● Go To Market - can you understand and drive the business outcomes through product decisions?
● Technology - articulating how our technology beats our competitors
Product Managers play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to the development and execution of our product strategy. As PM’s, we are responsible for setting and championing the high bar for our products. You must excel at prioritization, collaboration and communication, while holding yourself and others accountable for measuring quality and business results. You will be responsible for defining and completing 1Password’s product portfolio strategy focusing on all aspects of data insights for our customers and optimizing the product to meet the needs of our buyers, users, and administrators. You’ll be working with Engineering, Design, Marketing and GTM teams to ensure quality, security and usability of the service.
Join a fast-scaling business with a unique blend of consumer and enterprise customers.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of experience owning a product or a set of features and being responsible for its ultimate success with at least 3 years of Subscriptions and Saas product experience is preferred.
- SaaS experience.
- Track record of shipping and improving software and driving business impact through the feature/product you owned.
- Experience growing and measuring the effectiveness of billing capabilities in a product.
- You may not be an engineer but you can read API documentation and understand basic systems architecture
- An action-bias that won’t wait to create change.
- Obsession with internal and external customer problems.
- Represent the voice of the customer to motivate the team.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that scales from technical to non-technical.
- Ability to inspire and bring together different teams and stakeholders to drive forward, solve problems and remove roadblocks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and use data - both qualitative and quantitative - to drive decision-making.
- Background and experience in the fields of user privacy, security, identity and access management are a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience training internal teams as part of bringing products to market, particularly the sales, support and customer success teams.
What you can expect:
- Working with a passionate, highly motivated Product team that is invested in your success and the success of your initiatives.
- A dynamic, highly collaborative environment.
- Empowerment to contribute to, and help drive, overall product strategy and the relative priority of the features you own on the roadmap.
- Being a part of the team that drives the success of 1Password, our products and business to the next level.
- Having fun working in a fast-paced environment and being part of the team that prioritizes close collaboration over rigid processes, while continuously embracing an entrepreneurial culture.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $136,000 USD and $184,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
See more open positions at 1Password
Something looks off?